Property Tax - eBills

What is an eBill?

An eBill is an electronic tax notice that allows you to access your property tax bill electronically through a secure link that is sent by email.  After you sign up, it replaces the paper bill you currently receive in the mail.  Any property owner who has given consent to the Tax Collector’s Office to receive their Tax Notice via email is eligible for this program.

Do I have to pay a fee for eBilling?

No. There is no sign-up fee to participate in eBilling.

Can I pay online?

Yes, you can pay via e-check or credit/debit card.  A pass-through vendor fee will be applied to credit/debit card payments.  Please see Search/Pay Property Information on our website for more information.

I own multiple properties. Do I need to create individual eBilling accounts for each property?

No, you can add multiple properties to one individual eBill account.

Can I switch back to paper bills in the future?

Yes, but you will have to register each individual email address.

I signed up to receive electronic Tax Notices, but I did not receive one this year. What happened?

Check your spam or junk mail to make sure that the Tax Notice did not arrive there. Also, eBills are sent to the email address on file with the Tax Collector's Office; so, if your email address changed, login to your eBill account to make sure that you updated your account with your new address. It is important to note that any late payment penalties cannot be waived for failure to pay on-time, if records indicate that an electronic Tax Notice was successfully sent to the email address on file in our records.



Motor Vehicles - Driver License - Vessel

*Obtained from Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles

What do I bring to renew my license plate?

The renewal coupon or last year's registration or the plate number that needs to be renewed, proof of current insurance, identification and fees.

What does my minor need to be eligible to get his/her DL permit?

You need to bring an original or certified copy of their birth certificate or a valid passport, name change document if they are changing their name, social security card or W2 form, 2 proofs of current address (can be address in parents name). Parent Consent Form and completion of TLSAE.

What do I bring to transfer a Florida title?

If it is a Florida title, the title with Transfer by Seller section must be completed in it's entirety. This should include the odometer reading with date, purchase price with date, signature of seller(s) and signature of purchase(s). If there is a bill of sale, bring it. Also, bring proof of identification and Florida insurance. The Tax Collector's Office will collect plate, title fees and sales tax.

How do I surrender my Florida license plate?

You need to submit a written request that the license plate will be canceled and recycled and mail the written request and license plate to: FLDHSMV, 2900 Apalachee Pkwy, Tallahassee, FL 32312.

What is REAL ID?

REAL ID is a nationwide effort to improve the integrity and security of State-issued driver licenses and ID cards, which in turn will help fight terrorism and reduce identity fraud.

What documents do I need to bring with me when I apply for a REAL ID compliant license or ID card?

You will need to bring one of the following primary documents to establish your identity, proof of legal residence and date of birth: For a detailed list of required items, click here.

Will I be able to have both a REAL ID driver license and a REAL ID ID card?

No, the final Rule specifies that each individual can only hold a REAL ID driver license or a REAL ID ID card, but not both simultaneously. If you currently hold both, one will be cancelled during your next card issuance.

After Florida begins issuing REAL ID licenses and ID cards, can I get mine before the expiration date on my current license or ID card?

Yes, a Class E license can be renewed up to 18 months prior to the card’s expiration date.

Will I still be able to continue to renew my license online?

Beginning January 2, 2020, customers who are not Real ID compliant will be unable to renew or replace credentials through GoRenew.com.

Is a non-powered vessel required to be registered and titled?

If the non-motor powered vessel is less than 16 feet in length, it is not required to be registered or titled. Non-motor-powered canoes, kayaks, racing shells or rowing sculls over 16 feet in length are required to be titled, but not registered.

Is a boat license required to operate a vessel in Florida?

Florida does not have a boating license. In order to operate a motorized vessel of 10 horsepower or greater, Florida law requires anyone who was born on or after January 1, 1988 to successfully complete an approved boating safety course and obtain a Boating Safety Education Identification Card issued by the FWC. The Boating Safety Education Identification Card is proof of successful completion of the educational requirements and is valid for life.

How old does a person have to be to operate a motorized vessel in Florida?

A person must be at least 14 years of age to operate a personal watercraft (PWC) in Florida and at least 18 years of age to rent a PWC. Persons born on or after January 1, 1988 must complete an approved boating safety course to operate a vessel of ten horsepower or more on Florida waterways.

I will be vacationing in Florida this summer. Do I need to register my vessel there?

Florida recognizes valid registration certificates and numbers issued to visiting boaters for a period of 90 days. An owner who intends to use their vessel in Florida longer than 90 days must register it with a county tax collector or license plate agent. However, the owner may retain the out-of-state registration number if they plan to return to their home state within a reasonable period of time.



Hunting and Fishing

*Obtained from Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission

Where do I get a license?

The least expensive place to buy is at your Tax Collectors Office.  For added convenience, many bait-and-tackle shops and sports retailers (e.g., Wal-Mart, K-Mart, Sports Authority) sell licenses, for a small additional fee.  Licenses are also available via the Internet or a toll free call to credit card users, for an additional convenience fee.

How to order a license

Do I need a freshwater or saltwater fishing license or both?

In general, you need a freshwater license to take freshwater fish and a saltwater license to take saltwater fish, unless one of the exemptions specified on this Web site applies to your situation. Obviously if you are fishing in pure fresh water where no saltwater species live, you need a freshwater license and likewise if you are fishing in the ocean you need a saltwater license.

However, when you get into estuarine type areas where salt and fresh water commingle and fish of both types can be found the issue becomes less clear. The interpretation of the rule is:

  1. You need either a freshwater, saltwater or combination license (or appropriate exemption) to take fish (take is legally defined as taking, attempting to take, pursuing, molesting, capturing, or killing any fish, or their nests or eggs by any means whether or not such actions result in obtaining possession of such fish or their nests or eggs).
  2. If you are using species specific gear, your license should be appropriate (e.g., freshwater or saltwater) to the species you are targeting, and
  3. Otherwise you need an appropriate type license to keep your catch and must immediately release any species for which you are not licensed. License requirements follow the species of fish, regardless of where they are caught. In other words, if you only have a freshwater license and are primarily fishing for largemouth bass or bream (freshwater species) in a river, but happen to catch a red drum (a saltwater species), you must immediately release the red drum.

How long is my license good?

Annual recreational hunting and fishing licenses expire one year from the date issued. The expiration date is printed on all the licenses.

Where can I view my current hunting and fishing licenses?

To view your current Florida recreational hunting and fishing licenses:

  1. Go to the FWC Recreational Licensing Issuance Services (RLIS) online license sales site at http://gooutdoorsflorida.com.
  2. Enter your identification information and click "Continue"
  3. Your current licenses will be listed. Click "Show License History" to see your expired licenses.

A fishing or hunting license is required to be with you when you are engaged the licensed activity. If your license is not listed there, it is expired. At this point, you may continue and purchase a replacement or new license or close out to end the session.

Quota hunt permits: Drawing results are posted at: http://myfwc.com/license/limited-entry-hunts/general-info/drawing-results/. To check "Check Your Application Status", enter your personal information, and Choose a Hunt Type. Drawing results are not posted until they are final.

How do I get a replacement fishing or hunting license?

A fishing or hunting license is required to be with you when you are engaged the licensed activity.  See information about replacing a lost or stolen license

Does everyone on board a recreational fishing boat need a license?

No. Anyone on-board that is not fishing does not need a fishing license - even if they are on a vessel which has people fishing. Non-anglers should not in any way help with fishing, such as attaching lures, netting fish or removing fish from the hooks. Also remember you may only keep the daily bag limit (of species with bag limits) for those persons with a current license (or who are legally exempt).

You should not be surprised if an officer asks a few questions to ensure the people who are fishing are in fact properly licensed. The officer may have more questions should there, for instance, be more fishing lines in the water than there are licensed (or legally exempt) anglers.

What does a Resident 65 Hunt/Fish certificate cover and where do I get it?

Florida residents age 65 or older only need a Florida Driver License or Identification Card to prove residency and age.  They are not required to purchase the following recreational licenses and permits:

  • Saltwater fishing, freshwater fishing and hunting licenses
  • Snook, lobster, deer, management area, muzzleloading, turkey, archery, crossbow, *Florida waterfowl, and migratory bird permits.

The Resident 65+ Hunt/Fish certificate is available, at no cost, online at GoOutdoorsFlorida.com, or at local county tax collectors office, but it is not a required item.

While a license is not required for resident seniors, they should keep proof of age and residency in their possession while participating in these activities.

* The exemption does not apply for the federal duck stamp or tarpon tags.

What does a youth need to do to fish legally?

Youth under the age of 16 do not need a fishing license, although they must abide by all other fishing regulations such as gear type, bag and size limits. They may, however, be asked to provide proof of age.



Concealed Weapon

*Obtained from the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services

How do I apply for a concealed weapon license?

Learn how to apply for a license.

How do I check the status of my application?

You can use our online status check to check the status of your application.

I submitted my application for a concealed weapon or firearm license. How long will processing take?

The turnaround time for processing a concealed weapon license application is approximately 50 to 55 days. Our standard policy is to process pending applications in the order in which they arrive in our mail room.

Please be aware that by law the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services (FDACS) has 90 days from the date on which we receive a complete application to either issue a license or deny the application. In most cases, we issue licenses well before the 90-day deadline, but an increase in the volume of applications being submitted may cause longer turnaround times.

The time required to process your application will significantly increase if we encounter any of the following three issues during review of your application:

  1. Your application is incomplete.
    If we find that your application is incomplete for some reason (a missing answer to a question; a personal check made out for the wrong amount, no firearms training documentation, a photograph that does not meet specifications, etc.), we will notify you by letter and request that you provide us with the missing information or documentation.
  2. Your fingerprints are illegible.
    If law enforcement authorities determine that your fingerprints are insufficiently legible to complete a proper background check, we will send you a letter requesting a second fingerprint submission as required by law. If your second fingerprint submission is also deemed illegible, we can then ask the FBI to conduct a name-based background check.
  3. Your background check results are inconclusive.
    In some cases, the background check results we receive from law enforcement authorities indicate that an applicant was arrested for a potentially disqualifying crime, but those background check results do not reflect a final disposition regarding that arrest. In these cases, we will contact law enforcement authorities for assistance in obtaining this disposition information.

I am a Florida resident with a Florida concealed weapon/firearm license. Are there carry restrictions that I should observe while traveling?

Yes, there are. First of all, you should be aware that, as noted above, you are limited in many states as to the type of weapon that you can conceal. Many states allow concealed carry of handguns or pistols only.

In addition, most states' gun laws prohibit carrying concealed weapons into such places as schools, bars, courthouses and so on. Generally speaking, the other states' lists are all quite similar to Florida's. Florida's list of designated "No Carry" places is found in Section 790.06(12), Florida Statutes.

A licensee planning to travel to another state should consult that state's laws or call a law enforcement agency in that state to find out precisely what carry restrictions apply.

How do I notify FDACS about my change of address?

You can change your address online or submit your notification in writing to the following address:

Division of Licensing
P.O.Box 6387
Tallahassee, FL 32314-6387

How do I notify FDACS about my name change?

Submit a written request and a copy of the legal document with proof of your name change to:

Division of Licensing
P.O.Box 6387
Tallahassee, FL 32314-6387

You can have a revised license printed for a fee of $15, payable by check or money order to the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services.

If you prefer, you may keep your current license until it is time to renew. At time of renewal, remember to send your written request and a copy of the legal document evidencing your name change with your renewal application and we will issue your renewal license with your legal name.

How do I renew my license?

Approximately 95 days prior to the expiration date of your license, FDACS will send your renewal application form with complete instructions on how to renew your license.

You can renew your license in one of four ways:

  • Online. You must have your renewal application available and have the ability to submit a color photograph.
  • At a regional office. You can simply walk into one of our regional offices, submit your renewal application and leave with your license in hand. Bring your unsigned renewal form with you. We will perform the notary service and take your picture at no additional charge.
  • At an authorized tax collector's office. An appointment may be required and a service fee may apply.
  • By mail. Return your renewal application to: Concealed Weapon or Firearm License Renewals, Division of Licensing, P.O. Box 6387, Tallahassee, FL 32314-6387.

Can I renew my expired license?

A concealed weapon license can be renewed if it has not been expired for more than 180 days. A late fee of $15 is required in addition to the renewal license fee   .

If the license has been expired for more than 180 days, you must reapply for a new license. If you need another renewal notice sent to you, please contact FDACS at or (850) 245-5691. If your license has been expired longer than the allowable time, you must apply for a new license.