Purchase License

Search our site

Salt Water exemptions

You do not need a recreational saltwater fishing license or a snook or spiny lobster *permit if..

  • You have been accepted as a client for developmental services by the Department of Children and Family Services*. The department must furnish proof to such clients.
  • You fish from a for-hire vessel (guide, charter, party boat) that has a valid vessel license.
  • You fish from a vessel, the operator of which has a valid vessel license issued in the name of the operator of the vessel.
  • You fish for recreational purposes from a pier with a valid pier saltwater fishing license.
  • You have a valid saltwater products license.
  • You fish for mullet in fresh water and you have a valid Florida freshwater fishing license.
  • You are a resident who is saltwater fishing from land or a structure fixed to land who has been determined eligible for the food stamp, temporary cash assistance, or Medicaid Program by the Department of Children and Family Services* (DCFS). Proof of identification and a benefit issuance or program identification card issued by DCFS or the Agency for Health Care Administration must be on your person when fishing.

NOTE:  Effective Aug. 1, 2009 - Residents and nonresidents fishing for a saltwater species (other than mullet in fresh water) from land or from a structure fixed to the land are required to purchase a saltwater fishing license*.

* These exemptions do not apply to tarpon tags.

Note: By clicking the Purchase Licenses button below, you will be redirected to the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission website to complete your transaction.

* You will be redirected to outside agency website.

Purchase License