Replace Plate-Decal Banner Pay Registration Fee

Search our site

Replace License Plate or Decal

To replace a license plate or decal Form 83146* is required. If the registration is joint ownership, only one owner has to sign Form 83146*.

In most instances replacement fees are required. Click here* for a list of fees.

If the license plate or decal is reported stolen to law enforcement no replacement fee is required. A photocopy of the law enforcement card with the case number and reporting agency is needed.

If the license plate or decal is lost in transit (mailed by the Tax Collector’s Office and not received by the customer) and the issuance date is 180 days or less no replacement fee is required. If more than 180 days have passed replacement fees are required. Form 83146*

If the license plate or decal is damaged or defaced, and the customer receives a citation from law enforcement because it is damaged or defaced, the customer must surrender the plate or decal to the Tax Collector's Office to receive a replacement at no fee. Form 83146*

Voluntary replacement of a license plate or decal by the customer requires replacement fees.

Note: By clicking the Pay Registration Fee button below, you will be redirected to the Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles website to complete your transaction.

* You will be redirected to outside agency website.

Pay Registration Fee