You do not need a hunting, freshwater fishing or saltwater fishing license or a *Florida waterfowl, turkey, snook, spiny lobster, archery season, crossbow season, muzzle-loading season, or management area permit if...
- You are a child under 16 years of age.(Also exempt from federal duck stamp requirements.)
- You are a Florida resident age 65 or older possessing proof of age and residency or possessing a Resident Senior Citizen Hunting and Fishing Certificate. Residents age 65 or older may obtain, at no cost, complimentary hunting and fishing certificates from county tax collector's offices.
- You hunt or freshwater fish in your county of residence on your homestead or the homestead of your spouse or minor child, or if you are a minor child hunting or freshwater fishing on the homestead of your parent.
- You are a Florida resident certified as totally and permanently disabled* and you possess a Florida Resident Disabled Person Hunting and Fishing Certificate.
- You are a resident who is a member of the Armed Forces of the United States, you are not stationed in this state, and you are home on leave for 30 days or less, upon submission of orders.
- Effective Aug. 1, 2009 - You are a resident who is fishing with live or natural bait, using poles or lines that are not equipped with a fishing-line-retrieval mechanism, and you are fishing for noncommercial purposes in your home county. However, you must have a valid fishing license to fish by any method in a fish management area.
* These exemptions do not apply for the federal duck stamp.
Note: By clicking the Purchase Licenses button below, you will be redirected to the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission website to complete your transaction.
* You will be redirected to outside agency website.